Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fresh Princes

I've not blogged for a while. I would apologise but truthfully, the reason is because last week consisted almost exclusively of 21st celebrations and university getting heavy.

So what made me take to the internet again? DEVO did!


They may well be the most fun band of all time, in fact in College I made a point of bringing "Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!" to all the parties I was invited to, waiting for the CD player to become unmonitored and stick it on at full blast. The amount of parties I was invited to quickly decreased.

But yes, this post isn't intended to wax lyrical about how they are a band that everyone should love, it's intended to point out that they have a new song. And good lord is it good.

Listen to it NOW! You can stream it here, and you totally should.

Why does nobody rip off Devo? I know I'd moan if they did, but seriously, if it weren't for Clor or early Franz Ferdinand you'd think Devo never existed. Enough Joy Division/New Order copyists, Devo is an untapped source of plagiarism.

3 comments: